Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving - 'Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed Nomini Tuo da Gloriam'



Well here we are once more on Thanksgiving the meaning of which is a given - to take time, usually with family to give thanks to God for what we cherish.

My personal list of what I am thankful for grows shorter every year and this year is no different as I can count them on one hand: My wife, daughter, granddaughter and two brothers. Oops, have to use my thumb from my other hand so as to include my dog.

Of course there are good friends, of which I am indeed thankful, for they along with my family help to keep me sane in an otherwise insane reality, generally referred to in the past as the "United" States of America.

To all I wish a Happy Thanksgiving and 'Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed Nomini Tuo da Gloriam. Which translated is to say 'Not to us, Lord, not to us, but to Your Name give Glory.




6 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Happy Thanksgiving !

Always On Watch said...

Christopher,
Happy Thanksgiving!

My personal list of what I am thankful for grows shorter every year and this year is no different


Same here.

Sadly, family no longer invite Mr. AOW to the Thanksgiving table. It's too much trouble, I guess; he IS seriously physically handicapped, albeit so much better than he was three years ago.

Since family members have failed, we'll, once again, celebrate Thanksgiving with our very considerate and very understanding neighbors. It shames me to say this: the husband of my neighbor's household is a flaming liberal, yet he is a gracious and willing host to bring to table someone as compromised as Mr. AOW. At least, our neighbor's wife and daughter are conservatives. Quite the divided household down the street!

banned said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Chris, a north American custom that we would do well to emulate.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Thank you Odie and back at ya!

Enjoy your weekend!

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

AOW,,,God has Blessed you and Mr. AOW with fantastic neighbors (liberalism aside)!

To your point on "divided households", this is I am sure quite prevalent in our nation and will be for ever more and I am no exception to that scenario. My one brother is a flaming liberal and although I love him dearly, breaking bread together right now would be a disaster.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Cheers Banned and thank you so very much!